206 N. Main
Paris, MO 65275
Phone: 660-327-4858


Follow Us:

facebook youtube



History of this Ole' Building

2006 On April 21st, George Edward Bordeleau and Jacqueline Rae Bordeleau sold the building to Juan and Cherylene Ramos.

1990 On May 31st, James E. Hicks and Jennifer Hicks, husband and wife, sold the building to George Edward Bordeleau and Jacqueline Rae Bordeleau, husband and wife, for the sum of $1.00 and other valuable  considerations.

1987 On January 29th, Roger L. Harris and Jane Harris sold the building to James E. Hicks and Jennifer Hicks.

1976 On July 30th, A. Glendi Blakey sold the building to Irma V. Harris and Roger L. Harris for the sum of $10.00 and other good and valuable consideration.

1949 On April 8th, Paul A. Von Doehren and Ethel Von Doehren, husband and wife, sold the building to Lelia M. Speed and A. G. Blakey for the sum of $1.00 and other valuable considerations.

1945 On November 17th, Theodore J. Snyder and Ada Clara Snyder, husband and wife, sold the building to Paul A. Von Doehren and Ethel Von Doehren, husband and wife, for the sum of $1.00 and other valuable considerations.

1939 On December 14th, Edward H. Sladek, a single man, sold the building to Theodore J. Snyder and Ada Clara Snyder, husband and wife; in consideration for the sum of $1.00.

1939 On December 14th, Theodore J. Snyder and Ada Clara Snyder, husband and wife, sold the building to Edward H. Sladek, a single man; in consideration for the sum of $1.00.

1924 On February 5th, U.G. Speed and Sarah E. Speed, his wife, of Biltmore, North Carolina; and Anna M. Jackson and G.P. Jackson, her husband and Maud Speed, a single woman of Monroe County Missouri sold the building to James F. Speed and A. Glendi Blakey in consideration for the sum of $5,250.00.

1910 On February 28th, Sterling P. Spalding and Cleo Spalding sold the building to Matthias W. Speed for $1,800.00.

1884 On January 22nd, William E. Spalding and Eliza A. Spalding, sold the building to Eliza F. Speed wife, M.W. Speed for $1600.00.

1879 M.W. Speed bought an interest in his business.

1855 W.E. Spalding built this building. He maintained a cabinet, upholstering and furniture business. Originally, the building had two sets of stairs.

The information thus far has been provided by Merry Sue Meals and the Monroe County Historical Society.